• Aude sapere - Dare to know
  • Thursday, September 07, 2006

    Thursday not Friday yet

    Today was probably the best day I've had in many weeks, mostly due to the fact I had 3 SACs yesterday and the physics industrial report due tomorrow as postponed to next week. Therefore, I have hardly any work now.. Such freedom! But I should be doing that methods exam pack ><..

    My mp3 headphones screwed up today...gr...

    Something interesting is happening in physics...finally. We have to do this group experiment prac thing on aeronautical engineering (i think) and we get to choose what to do. I was thinking of making a hydrogen/helium 'blimp' with a motor with propellers hanging off the bottom. Helium would be much easier if we could buy it from somewhere, or hopefully we can get the chem teachers to lend us the lab for a while =] . Also, we'll prob need STACKS of balloons to support the motor. The larger the balloons, the less we would need and this would decrease the surface area of balloon/volume of gas ratio, thus increasing the lift of the motor and decreasing the amount of gas needed. However, this project is probably too unrealistic, as the H/He would be very hard to obtain. This will prob end up becoming one of my oneoric daydreams... If the chem teachers let me use their equipment, it'd still probably take ages. If I was to make H in the backyard, I'll need find a better bottle than my plastic 1 which has half melted from my previous experiment. Also, there needs to be an effective way of feeding extra metal into the acid without letting air out. Electrolysis would seem an excellent alternative in comparision but it would be very hard to put the gas into a balloon that way. Plus I'll have to prevent O2 from entering the same balloon. Purchasing He is a good idea, but that involves finding and buying haha... So if anyone has any good suggestion please comment! Otherwise we'll prob end up making a glider =P.

    That bomb guy from my school is so crazy....still making AP and now trying to make gun powder. But I reckon blowing things up is pretty stupid, theres much more thing to do in chem that are both constructive and fun. Oh yes, if anyone happens to have a bunsen burner/iron rust/metal rods can I borrow/have? = ] =] =]

    And I see my previous post was quite controversial...hahaha. I'd like to say that not only is everyone is entitled to their own views, but they are also entitled to free speech, which is essential in every democracy. People can say WHATEVER non-seditious( the non-seditious part thanks to Howards new laws) things they want in Australia, and I think I can write my own opinions, let alone the damn thing is inmy own blog. People are most welcome to comment regardless of their view, but people who are against me posting my views are hypocritic. Why don't they practise what they preach and not put up their views if they don't want others putting up theirs? Also, it would be much better if the people who end up insulting me in their post, eg the 15th comment, put their real names instead of anonymous. You do after all know me, and we most likely get along amiably at school since you are most likely on my MSN, so why don't you stand by your views gallantly and purposefully instead of hurling disparagements at me from behind your facade of anonymity?
    Please, comment with your real names.

    8 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i like being anonymous

    4:12 pm  
    Blogger [sui generis] li mei said...

    sydney ur gay

    is that u? bet it is

    1:26 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i like it too. anonymous is awesome. is that you li? who posted the previous publication.. bet it is.

    1:45 pm  
    Blogger [sui generis] li mei said...

    lol no shit its me

    4:39 pm  
    Blogger timtamz said...

    lol, li you know you can turn off the anonymous thingie haha. and also you can set a tracker if it's really anoying you haha =)

    7:24 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    tsk tsk at least if u want to reveal my identity at least spell my name right
    otherwise your still wrong =P

    10:43 pm  
    Blogger KelvinL said...

    I believe that's "you're" Sidney.

    Haha, thats my knitpick this morning (well evening).

    11:11 pm  
    Blogger [sui generis] li mei said...

    Yea but I want people who know me but are not bloggers to comment to. Comment under their real name of course, not like Sydney....

    12:01 am  

    Post a Comment

    << Home